Sunday 11 December 2011

Inspiration

Writing Magazine arrived a few days ago in our house.  I left it in its cellophane wrapper, as I was so busy and was trying not to be distracted, but I settled down to enjoy it yesterday. 

There's an article about writing for women, with a list of agents actively seeking books for women.  The excitement bubbled, and my fingers itched.  I wanted my book complete, ready to send to one of those agents....or perhaps all of them.  An impulsive little voice whispered that the first few chapters have had a lot of work; maybe I should send them off....

But it's too soon.  I know I mustn't polish forever, but it would be a waste of my time and an agent's to send off a half-scrambled manuscript. It's spurred me on to get wriggling with the end of my draft though.

No comments:

Post a Comment