Monday 23 January 2012

Nearly missed the wood for the trees!

I can hardly believe it myself....today I finished my second draft.  I've hit my self-imposed deadline of 'before the baby arrives' - wow.

Now I just have to print it out, and then it will have to sit and 'cook' until I'm human enough again to tackle draft three.  At the rate I'm going, it might be complete in five or six years...!  However, in the meantime, I will have a go at some short story comps, or maybe begin planning my next book (I do get itchy fingers for it from time to time!) if I have chance between nesting and being a failing Supermum.

The funny thing was, I didn't realise how close I was to the end. When I sat down this morning, I had no idea I was going to finish it today.  I only had half an hour before I picked the 2 year old up from playgroup, and I then went back to it just to save, and got involved again. It was only when I decided to stop and do some cleaning that I saw  I only had five pages left, and suddenly the importance of cleaning the lounge plummeted.  The cleaning will wait, and is waiting, and will be there tomorrow, while my book is now finished! Again! Sort of!

No comments:

Post a Comment